Donald Trump Plans to Sue Univision for a 'Tremendous Amount of Money'

Broadcaster pulled the plug on Miss USA partnership after Trump's comments.

The Spanish-language broadcaster announced it will not show the July 12 Miss USA telecast. The pageant was slated to air on Univision’s UniMas network.

The announcement comes more than a week after Trump’s comments, which he made during a speech announcing his candidacy for president.

Trump, 69, says he was referencing many immigrant groups, not just those from Mexico.

When asked by ABC News Thursday whether he regretted those comments, Trump said, “Not at all. I said it about people from all over. I didn’t say it about Mexico – I said people from all over.”

Tthe deal to broadcast Miss USA in Spanish is worth about $15 million, a five-year deal that had been signed in January, according to Trump. He said the planned lawsuit against Univision will involve defamation and breach of contract.

"At Univision, we see firsthand the work ethic, love for family, strong religious values and the important role Mexican immigrants and Mexican-Americans have had and will continue to have in building the future of our country," it said.

Trump claims Univision apologized to him about the decision before it was announced. He says he plans to name the executive who called him in his lawsuit.

Top Stories

Top Stories

Top Stories

Top Stories

ABC News Live

ABC News Live

24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events