Feb. 25, 2011— -- CBS has ended production of the hit comedy "Two and a Half Men" for the season, the network said late Thursday.
The move came after star actor Charlie Sheen took to the air waves Thursday to slam show creator Chuck Lorre in a rambling, erratic interview on syndicated radio's "The Alex Jones Show."
"Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of "Two and a Half Men" for the remainder of the season," CBS Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television said in a statement.
The show had been in hiatus since January when Sheen entered rehab after displaying erratic behavior.
Sheen addressed the suspension of the show in an open letter obtained by celebrity news website TMZ.
"What does this say about [anti-Semitic term referring to Lorre] after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me," Sheen wrote in the letter that came to light late Thursday. "I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows.
"I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth.
"I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly, I have defeated this earthworm with my words; imagine what I would have done with my fire-breathing fists.
"I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong."
Sheen ripped into Lorre Thursday on the "Alex Jones Show," saying that he must have embarrassed him "in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that his un-evolved mind cannot process."
But Sheen didn't stop there and went on to call Lorre a "turd" and a "clown" and later used an anti-Semitic term while referring to Lorre's name. Sheen said he is eager to get back to work, despite his escalating a public battle with the producers of the hit comedy.
Later, Sheen apparently challenged Lorre to a fight. Sheen said, "if he wins, then he can leave MY show," according to TMZ.
Sheen told TMZ, " I violently hate [anti-Semitic term referring to Lorre]. He's a stupid, stupid little man and a ... punk that I'd never want to be like."
Sheen told TMZ all wants to do is bring his family together. "That piece of s*** [Lorre] took money out of my pocket, my family's pocket and most importantly, my second family-my crew's pocket."
Sheen claimed in a recent series of radio interviews since announcing he has entered at-home rehab that he is "100 percent" clean. "Here is your first pee test," he said to Alex Jones, adding the "next one goes in your mouth. No, you won't get high."
In the live interview, Sheen also said he has no time for Alcoholic's Anonymous, saying, "I am special and I will never be one of you" and referred to the group as a "bootleg cult" with a success rate of 5 percent. He went on to say, "I have a disease? Bulls***. I cured it ... with my mind."
The interview came as the actor left Los Angeles to spend some time in the Bahamas with his ex-wife, Brooke Mueller, his new girlfriend, Natalie Kenly, and porn star Bree Olson. In the interview, Sheen says Mueller left the vacation early and wished her well in her travels, sarcastically adding that his ex-wife is "going to need it, badly."
Sheen had a message for the other women in his life: "I have real fame, they have nothing. They have zero. They have that night. And I will forget about them as the last image of them exits my beautiful home."
Martin Sheen Stands by Son
Earlier this week, Sheen's father, actor Martin Sheen, broke his silence about his troubled son. "With prayer, we lift him up and we ask for everyone who cares about him to lift him up," Martin Sheen said Tuesday night at a movie premiere in London.
It was the first time Sheen's family has spoken publicly since the "Two and a Half Men" star was hospitalized for stomach pains after a night of heavy partying last month.
"If he had cancer, how would we treat him, you know?" Martin Sheen, 70, told Sky News. "... Addiction is a form of cancer, and you have to have an equal measure of concern and love, and lift them up, and that's what we do for him."
But Charlie Sheen, 45, says he's doing just fine. Indeed, amid the latest scandal, he said in another interview with the "Dan Patrick Show" last week that he has found love all over again.
When the radio host asked Sheen whether he was in love, Sheen said, "Eh, 100 percent. What's not to love ... you got to see this one."
"Well, you won't tell me who she is," Patrick replied.
"Oh, I'm sure the world will know soon enough," Sheen said.
Since then, Radar Online has identified the new mystery woman as Natalie Kenly, 24.
Cameras caught Sheen kissing Kenly and then partying with her on a yacht Tuesday night.
Charlie Sheen told "Good Morning America" that his new love is not a porn star or actress, and that the couple met through a mutual friend at a party.
Kenly told 'GMA' that she is a graphic designer. Sheen says he rescued her in a way and trusts her, that she's the only one who understands him.
When Kenly was asked if Sheen was sober, she said, "We don't use the word 'sober' in this house, we use 'clean,' and he is clean.'"
Sheen says he is 100 percent sober, he has things in check and is enjoying every moment, "I have 'mondo' gratitude for this life. Life is a fantasy."