July 12, 2011 -- On screen, Harry Potter proves his wizarding prowess with countless acts of magic. In real life, one of his more impressive feats has been cloaking his dating life in secrecy.
When photographers catch Daniel Radcliffe with a woman, it's usually Olive Uniacke. But the two friends "are not dating," Radcliffe's publicist told ABCNews.com in an email.
The "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" star does have a girlfriend, the publicist said, declining to reveal her identity.
Radcliffe, 21, has been reluctant to elaborate on his love life in the past. He has had only one known girlfriend, Irish actress Laura O'Toole, whom he met in 2007 while performing in the play "Equus" in London's West End.
"He tends to be very private when it comes to his love life and who he's dating," People magazine reporter Carlos Greer said. "He's said that when he was younger he liked more mature women, but now that he's an adult, girls his age are appealing to him."
In March, Radcliffe told USA Today that he's dating someone who's based in England. But beyond confirming that she's not an actress, he declined to give details, saying he'd rather keep her identity private "not so much for my sake as for hers."
That hasn't stopped Radcliffe-watchers from speculating. The British media romantically linked him and Uniacke last year after she accompanied him to his 21st birthday bash in Moscow. Since then, her friends have spoken to the British media about them and she's cooed about him and his projects on Twitter.
Uniacke might not be his girlfriend, but she's certainly a woman in the know. Below, five facts about the woman often spotted by Harry Potter's side:
1. She's connected to the "Potter" franchise. Uniacke is the stepdaughter of David Heyman, the multi-millionaire producer of the Harry Potter films. He scored the film rights to the "Harry Potter" book series in 1999 and has produced all eight big-screen installments. Uniacke also reportedly worked as a production assistant on the final "Potter" film.
2. She's a party girl. At least, according to the British tabloids. In 2010, the Daily Mail quoted an unnamed friend of the socialite who said the then 19-year-old was "renowned for holding some of the best house parties, really great bashes. She can be quite wild. She loves to drink champagne, particularly Moet, and she chain-smokes Camel cigarettes. She also loves to go nightclubbing."
She might have mellowed with Radcliffe's recent admission that he gave up drinking because it was interfering with the rest of his life.
3. But she's had a prestigious education. Uniacke reportedly studied at the Gordonstoun school in Scotland, where Prince Charles was educated, and at the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle in West London, the same primary school Madonna's daughter, Lourdes, attends.
4. They've known each other for ages. A friend of Uniacke's told the Daily Mail in 2010 that the two have been friends for years and once attempted a relationship that "fizzled out." "Even so, they have always remained friends," the pal said. "And in the last few months they have grown closer again."
5. Despite being close to a star, she gets star-struck. Uniacke chronicles her brushes with the rich and famous with what appears to be her Twitter account. "Madonna sitting on the table next to me at dinner tonight," she wrote on June 28. "Definitely had 3 face lifts in the past month, she looks about 20."
The day before, she fawned over Beyonce Knowles, writing that although she returned home from the Glastonbury music festival, "I can't stop thinking about beyonce."
She's also used her Twitter account to show support for Radcliffe. In March, she twit-pic-ed a poster of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying," the Broadway show in which Radcliffe stars. Her caption: "AHHHHHHH!!! I am immensely proud, and its a lovely feeling! at last."
More recently, she has tweeted about the final "Potter" film.