Leighton Meester says she 'was not asked' to be on the 'Gossip Girl' reboot

PHOTO: Leighton Meester at the Disney 2019 Upfront Experience at Lincoln Center in New York City, May 14, 2019.PlayYolanda Perez/Walt Disney Television via Getty Images
WATCH 'Gossip Girl' is returning to TV

Leighton Meester won't return to the Upper East Side any time soon.

The "Single Moms" actress told "Good Morning America" at ABC's TCA press tour on Monday that she does not have plans to appear in the upcoming "Gossip Girl" reboot.

When asked if fans can expect to see her in the show, she said, "No."

"I was not asked to be on it, so no," she explained.

From 2007 until 2012, Meester, 33, starred alongside Blake Lively, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford and Ed Westwick in the racy CW series about privileged teenagers in New York City.

Last month, Joshua Safran, a showrunner for "Gossip Girl," announced that he and the series creators were rebooting it for WarnerMedia's streaming service HBOMax.

Crawford recently told Andy Cohen that he hadn't been contacted about the reboot either.

For her part, Meester already has a lot on her plate. In addition to starring in ABC's "Single Parents," she's a real-life mom to her 4-year-old daughter, Arlo, whom she shares with her husband, actor Adam Brody.

"It's the hardest [to balance things] ... but we [at "Single Parents"] have the best jobs to be parents. There's a lot of working and a lot of hours away from our families, but then you have a bunch of time off and you also get compensated very well for the job that you do," she said. "I feel like I just get to go and be a kid and have fun all day at work and laugh and joke. And it's amazing."