It's officially fall and time to cozy up with simple recipes that are comforting and easy to make at home.
Cookbook author Lisa Lillien joined "Good Morning America" on Saturday to create a full meal that fits the bill -- and even better, uses only an air fryer.
In her latest cookbook, "Hungry Girl Simply Comfort: Feel-Good Favorites for Your Slow Cooker & Air Fryer" Lillien shares more than 200 recipes that are under 400 calories, which will allow you to enjoy decadent dishes without the extra calories.
Like many recipe developers and home cooks, Lillien said she likes to use the air fryer because it acts as a mini convection oven, using the circulating high temperatures to make things crispy without excess oil or deep-frying.
Check out a few of her recipes below.
BBQ Chicken Tenders with Almond-apple Slaw
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutesMakes 2 servings
Ingredients Slaw1 tablespoon light mayonnaise1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar2 cups bagged coleslaw mix1/4 ounce (about 1 tablespoon) sliced almonds1/4 cup chopped appleOptional: salt and black pepper
Chicken1/3 cup panko bread crumbs1 teaspoon garlic powder1 teaspoon onion powder1/8 teaspoon salt1/8 teaspoon black pepper3 tablespoons barbecue sauce, plus more for dipping10 ounces raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 10 strips
1. In a medium bowl, mix mayo with vinegar. Add coleslaw mix, and stir to coat. Mix in almonds and apple. Optional: Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a wide bowl, mix bread crumbs with seasonings. Place BBQ sauce in a second wide bowl. Coat chicken with BBQ sauce, followed by the seasoned bread crumbs.
3. Spray an air fryer with nonstick spray. Place chicken strips in the air fryer, and spray with nonstick spray.
4. Set air fryer to 360 F. Cook until crispy and cooked through, about 12 minutes.
Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutesMakes 2 servings
Ingredients1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil1/4 teaspoon garlic powder1/8 teaspoon black pepper8 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved2 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon, chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, oil, garlic powder, and pepper. Whisk thoroughly. Add Brussels sprouts and bacon, and toss to coat.
2. Spray an air fryer with nonstick spray. Place Brussels sprouts and bacon in the air fryer, and spray with nonstick spray.
3. Set air fryer to 375 F. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 10 minutes, shaking halfway through.
Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Rolls
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutesMakes 6 servings
Ingredients1/2 cup whipped cream cheese1/2 cup light/low-fat ricotta cheese3 packets natural no-calorie sweetener1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract1/8 teaspoon cinnamon1 1/2 cups chopped freeze-dried strawberries6 egg roll wrappersOptional topping: powdered sugar
1. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, ricotta, sweetener, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix well. Gently fold in freeze-dried strawberries.
2. Evenly distribute 1/6 of the filling (about 1/4 cup) along the center of an egg roll wrapper. Fold in the sides, and roll up the wrapper around the filling. Seal with a dab of water. Repeat to make five more egg rolls.
3. Spray an air fryer with nonstick spray. Place egg rolls in the air fryer, and spray with nonstick spray.
4. Set air fryer to 390 F. Cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
Recipes reprinted with permission from "Hungry Girl Simply Comfort: Feel-Good Favorites for Your Slow Cooker & Air Fryer."