Mar. 29 -- (HealthDay News)- The aftermath of a pregnancy loss is an extremely difficult and frustrating time for the affected couple.
Here are suggestions to help the woman and her partner cope after a miscarriage, courtesy of the American Pregnancy Association:
- Seek psychological counseling for you and your partner.
- Ask for comfort and support from your partner, friends and family.
- Allow yourself to grieve, and give yourself plenty of time to recover emotionally.
- Be considerate of your partner's needs, feelings and emotions.
- Communicate with each other frequently, openly and honestly.
- Understand that everyone grieves differently, and respect each other's methods of coping.