ABC News
  • WARNING: Some of the following pictures are of a graphic nature. Viewer discretion is advised.
    ABC News
  • A cat recovers after hit with an arrow

    A cat is recovering in a San Jacinto, Calif. animal shelter after it was hit with an arrow by an unknown assailant.
    Riverside County Animal Services
  • A cat recovers after hit with an arrow

    A cat is recovering in a San Jacinto, Calif., animal shelter after it was hit with an arrow by an unknown assailant.
    Riverside County Animal Services
  • Doctors successfully remove grenade from soldier's face

    A handout image made available on June 10, 2016, and released by the Colombia Military Hospital, shows the X-ray of the skull of Colombian soldier Leandro Jose Luna with a grenade in his face after suffering an accident on duty. The grenade was removed successfully by medical staff in the car park of the hospital because of the fear that the grenade could explode at the operating room.
    Columbian Military Hospital/EPA
  • Doctors successfully remove grenade from soldier's face

    A handout image made available on June 10, 2016, and released by the Colombia Military Hospital, shows the X-ray of the skull of Colombian soldier Leandro Jose Luna with a grenade in his face after suffering an accident on duty. The grenade was removed successfully by medical staff in the car park of the hospital because of the fear that the grenade could explode at the operating room.
    Columbian Military Hospital/EPA
  • A toddler survived a chopstick in its nose

    A 2-yr-old toddler survived a four hour operation to remove a chopstick that he thrust up his nose into, puncturing his brain in Wuhan, China, Sept. 8, 2014. 2-year-old Huang Zicheng's father said he was at home doing some chores when he suddenly heard Huang screaming. At the hospital, CAT scans found that the chopstick had gone 7cm into Huang's brain but managed to avoid damaging any major nerves and arteries. The boy is expected to make a full recovery.
    XJZ/Quirky China News/Rex
  • Dog survives after swallowing 43 socks

    This Feb. 2014 photo provided by DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital, shows an X-ray of a dog that consumed a large number of socks in Portland, Ore. A 3-year-old Great Dane was miserable, retching and vomiting, when his owners rushed him to the animal hospital. X-rays showed a stomach full of what was described as "a large quantity of foreign material." Nearly two hours of surgery later, Dr. Ashley Magee said the dog had consumed 43.5 socks. The hospital spokeswoman Shawna Harch says it's perhaps the strangest case in the hospital's history.
    DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital/AP
  • Stolen ring found inside suspect

    A woman was accused of swallowing a stolen diamond ring on Aug. 31 in Oren, Utah. Brian Ford, 29, allegedly stole the ring from a mall jeweler and ran to a car where Christina Schlegel, 25, was waiting, according to ABC Utah affiliate KTVX. Police caught up with them 30 minutes later, but the ring was nowhere in sight. Schlegel's X-ray revealed that she apparently swallowed it. The two are facing felony charges.
    KTVX
  • Man's heart rotates after accident

    A patient's heart was moved severely to the right due to trauma from a motorcycle accident.
    Courtesy New England Journal of Medicine
  • Tree trimmer gets saw stuck in neck

    James Valentine had emergency surgery Monday to remove a chainsaw from his neck after a tree-trimming accident. The saw cut into the 21-year-old's muscles but missed all of his major arteries.
    Allegheny General Hospital
Join the Discussion
blog comments powered by Disqus