ISIS Behind Munich Terror Threat That Closed Train Stations, Officials Say

The threat included a planned suicide bomb attack at two rail stations.

— -- Police in Munich evacuated two train stations on Thursday after French intelligence services contacted them with a credible terror threat, Munich police told ABC News.

The threat included a planned suicide bomb attack at two railway stations at midnight by five to seven people belonging to the Islamic State, German officials said.

The two rail stations under threat -- the main Munich train station and the Pasing station -- were evacuated and authorities did not allow any trains to stop there for several hours, a police spokeswoman told ABC News. The stations have since reopened.

Police were performing sweeps of the stations but so far no arrests have been made and nothing suspicious has been found.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Top Stories

Top Stories

Top Stories

Top Stories

ABC News Live

ABC News Live

24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events