-- Whether it's a light wallet or Zika concerns that have you staying close to home this summer, there are plenty of ways to have a fantastic staycation without camping in the backyard. Here are five ideas to make the most of your time off.
1. Bring the food of your favorite destination home. Fancy cheesesteaks from famous Jim’s in Philly? How about Louisiana crawfish? Blueberry pie from Maine? You can order virtually anything, from anywhere in the nation, on Goldbely’s website or app for next-day delivery.
2. Make your home a spa with help from same-day, in-home massages with the licensed massage therapists from Zeel, serving 31 cities in the nation. Couples massages are also offered for a romantic staycation option.
3. Be a tourist in your own city. The “Local Deals” section of website Travelzoo offers not only local restaurant discounts, but tons of activities on sale: Think discounted museum entry, walking and bus tours, golf, spas and countless other activities you probably didn’t know existed in your own backyard.
4. Same-day hotel deals. HotelTonight is the leading app for last-minute (read: same day) hotel bookings at up to 70 percent off. Sample: Hip Hudson Hotel for $119 / night (tonight) -- typically $300.
5. Turn off the phone. You’ll never feel rested if you keep checking your work email or Facebook, no matter how many massages you book. Especially at night, leave the phone in another room and truly get a decent night’s sleep. If you can’t disconnect altogether, check in at predetermined times, such as every two hours. Keep the phone off your person and out of your hands to negate the temptation.