President Donald Trump is back in the White House and back on Twitter as he fights a coronavirus infection.
The president left Walter Reed Medical Center on Monday evening, landing at the White House shortly before 7 p.m.
After Marine One landed on the White House South Lawn, Trump walked up the steps of White House, faced the cameras and took off his mask. Trump gave a thumbs up and an extended salute to Marine One, before walking inside the residence.
Trump, who tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday and spent several days in the hospital, tweeted Tuesday morning, "FEELING GREAT!"
The president is returning to a White House plagued by COVID-19 as 20 people in Trump's orbit have reported testing positive since last week. Questions remain about how many more people at the highest levels of government had been exposed to the virus after a week of events involving the president where social distancing and mask-wearing were lax.
Melania Trump, who has been at the White House since she tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday, "continues to rest and is doing well," the first lady's chief of staff, Stephanie Grisham, said Tuesday.
Vice President Mike Pence and his wife tested negative for the coronavirus again on Tuesday morning, the vice president's office said, while Sen. Kamala Harris tested negative for COVID-19 on Monday, according to an aide. Pence and Harris are in Utah ahead of Wednesday night's vice presidential debate.
- Facebook removes Trump's post for inflating flu death numbers
- DC-area lawmakers want White House to share its total number of positive tests
- White House valet who traveled with Trump has tested positive
- Joint Chiefs quarantining at home after vice commandant of Coast Guard tests positive
- Top Trump aide tests positive for coronavirus
Biden: If Trump still has COVID-19, 'we shouldn't have a debate'
Former Vice President Joe Biden told reporters he was looking forward to debating Trump for the second time next week, but that if the president still has COVID-19, it shouldn't happen.
"Well, I think if he still has COVID, we shouldn't have a debate," Biden told reporters on the tarmac in Hagerstown, Maryland, when asked if he was going to feel safe in the room.
Biden went on to say that strict safety guidelines should be followed, though he wasn't sure yet what the exact protocols will be at the Oct. 15 debate in Miami, Florida.
"I'm looking forward to being able to debate him. But I just hope all the protocols are followed, what's necessary at the time," he said.
Miami Mayor Francis Suarez told Politico Tuesday that the president shouldn't come to the city if he was still testing positive for the virus.
"I don't think it's safe, not for him and anybody else, anywhere or anyone he interacts with," Suarez said in the interview.
The comments come after Trump tweeted on Tuesday that he was looking forward to next week's debate. "It will be great!" he said.
ABC News' John Verhovek contributed to this report.
Pence doctor says VP tested negative in afternoon test
The vice president's office released a memo from White House physician Dr. Jesse Schonau that said Pence was tested for COVID-19, with a PCR test, Tuesday afternoon, and that his result was negative.
"Vice President Mike Pence is encouraged to go about his normal activities and does not need to quarantine," Schonau wrote.
Pence's office had told ABC News earlier that he and his wife Karen had tested negative Tuesday morning. This new memo was released after news broke that Stephen Miller, the husband of Pence's communications director Katie Miller, had tested positive.
It was unclear why the vice president was tested a second time.
Katie Miller was in Salt Lake City with the vice president, but has reportedly left the trip according to a pool report.
ABC News' Ben Gittleson and Justin Gomez
California congressman tests positive for COVID-19
Rep. Salud Carbajal, D-Calif., has tested positive for COVID-19.
Carbajal said in a statement that he took a test upon learning he had contact with someone who tested positive for the virus. That initial test came back negative, and he began quarantining and self-monitoring for symptoms. After experiencing mild symptoms, he took another test Tuesday, which came back positive, he said.
According to his staff, Carbajal had been in contact with Utah Sen. Mike Lee, who tested positive for COVID-19 after attending the Supreme Court nomination ceremony at the White House Rose Garden on Sept. 26. Carbajal did not attend that event.
In his statement, Carbajal said he will continue to work virtually. Staff members he interacted with have tested negative or are still pursuing testing.
"I hope this serves a reminder of how easily this virus can spread," he said. "I followed every precaution, including wearing a mask, social distancing and hand-washing and unfortunately was still exposed. It is incumbent on every single one of us to take careful precautions in order to protect the health and safety of those around us."
ABC News' Jennifer Watts contributed to this report.
125 Hill workers have tested positive for COVID-19
Since March, 125 Capitol Hill workers have tested positive for COVID-19, according to a House Administration Committee spokesperson.
That number includes nearly 50 Capitol Police officers, according to the chairman and first vice-chairman of the Capitol Police union. Forty-three of those officers have since recovered.
The union has been requesting mandatory testing for officers on the Capitol complex since March, but it has yet to be implemented.
ABC News' Benjamin Siegel and Allison Pecorin contributed to this report.
Facebook removes Trump's post for inflating flu death numbers
Facebook on Tuesday removed a post by the president, and Twitter tagged the post as misleading, after Trump incorrectly cited flu death numbers in a comparison to COVID-19.
Trump, the morning after returning from the hospital to be treated for COVID-19, tweeted, "Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!" he wrote.
A Facebook spokesperson said in a statement, "We remove incorrect information about the severity of COVID-19, and have now removed this post."
Twitter left the message up but covered it up with a message that said it violated the platform’s rules “about spreading misleading and potentially harmful information related to COVID-19."
According to CDC estimates, the annual flu death toll has ranged between 12,000 and 61,000 since 2010.
Trump also told Bob Woodward earlier this year that coronavirus is "more deadly than even your strenuous flu."
Trump used a similar comparison early on in the pandemic, before death totals began to rapidly rise.
On March 9, Trump tweeted, "So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!"
As of Tuesday, over 210,000 Americans have died from COVID-19.