CALIFORNIAVoter Registration Deadline: Oct. 19, 2020
Same-day registration is available at early voting locations on Election Day
To register to vote in the state of California, an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen and a resident of California
- Be 18 years old or older on Election Day
- Not currently in state or federal prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony
- Not currently found mentally incompetent to vote by a court
How to register to vote in California:
- Register online here.
- Request voter registration form to be sent to your address by calling this number: (800) 345-VOTE (8683)
- Pick up registration form in person at any DMV, most post offices, public libraries, and government offices and mail it here.
- Same-day registration is available on Election Day at early voting locations. Find more information here.
- Click here for more information on registering to vote in California.
Some counties offer early voting at a few locations before Election Day. Contact your county elections office to see if they offer early voting here.
Check if you're registered to vote here.