DISTRICT OF COLUMBIAVoter Registration Deadline: Oct. 13, 2020 (Mail and online)
Same-day registration is available in person on Election Day
To register to vote in Washington, D.C., an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a District of Columbia resident at least 30 days preceding the next election
- Be at least 18 years old on or preceding the next general election
- Not be in prison for a felony conviction
- Not have been judged legally incompetent by a court of law
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere outside D.C.
How to register to vote in Washington, D.C.:
- Register in person or via phone here.
- Print and mail this registration form or email it to DCRegistrations@dcboe.org
- Same-day registration is available in person at polling places on Election Day.
- Click here more information on voter registration in Washington, D.C.
Early voting is available October 27 through November 2.
Check if you're registered to vote here.