NEW YORK Voter Registration Deadline: Oct. 9, 2020
To register to vote in the State of New York, an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be 18 years old (you may pre-register at 16 or 17 but cannot vote until you are 18)
- Resident of New York and the county, city or village for at least 30 days before the election
- Not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction (unless parolee pardoned or restored rights of citizenship)
- Not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere
How to register to vote in New York:
- Register online here.
- Print and mail this registration form.
- Request a voter registration form be mailed to you by calling 1-800-FOR-VOTE
- Register in person at your county board of elections or at any New York State Agency-Based voter registration center. You can also submit your voter application form at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Click here for more information on voter registration in New York.
Check if you're registered to vote here.