How Monday's games affect NBA playoff picture

— -- The 2015-16 season has hit the homestretch, and teams are jockeying for positioning, fighting for their postseason lives or going for records. Each day, ESPN.com will have a snapshot of the games affecting the NBA playoff picture. Here's what's at stake Monday:

<a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/atl/atlanta-hawks">Hawks</a>- <a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/cle/cleveland-cavaliers">Cavaliers</a>, <a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/game?gameId=400829090" target="_blank">7 p.m. ET</a>

What's at stake
Playoff seeding: Only two games separate the Nos. 3-6 seeds in the Eastern Conference playoff race with two games remaining for each team. ESPN's BPI gives the Hawks a 67 percent chance to hold onto the third seed, a 28 percent chance of slipping to fourth and a 6 percent shot at fifth.

The Cavaliers, meanwhile, are 95 percent BPI favorites to remain the top seed over the Raptors.

<a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/cha/charlotte-hornets">Hornets</a>- <a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/bos/boston-celtics">Celtics</a>, <a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/game?gameId=400829092" target="_blank">7:30 p.m. ET</a>

What's at stake
Playoff seeding: Both of these teams are caught up in the Nos. 3-6 logjam, with the Celtics one game ahead of the Hornets. BPI gives the Celtics a 60 percent chance at the No. 4 seed, a 19 percent chance at No. 5, a 14 percent chance at No. 3 and a 7 percent shot at No. 6.

The Hornets are 80 percent favorites for the No. 6 seed with a 20 percent shot at No. 5.

<a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/hou/houston-rockets">Rockets</a>- <a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/min/minnesota-timberwolves">Timberwolves</a>, <a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/game?gameId=400829094" target="_blank">8 p.m. ET</a>

What's at stake
Playoff hopes: The Rockets, who trail the eighth-place Jazz by one game, are the only team currently outside the playoffs that has not been eliminated. BPI gives Houston a 36 percent chance at snagging the eighth and final spot in the West -- meaning there is a 64 percent likelihood that Houston misses the playoffs.

<a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/dal/dallas-mavericks">Mavericks</a>- <a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/utah/utah-jazz">Jazz</a>, <a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/game?gameId=400829097" target="_blank">9 p.m. ET</a>

What's at stake
Playoff hopes: Another crucial battle in the West; only one game separates the seventh-seeded Mavs from the eighth-seeded Jazz. BPI gives Utah slightly better playoff odds than Dallas. The breakdown: The Mavs are 36 percent favorites for a No. 8 seed, 25 percent for No. 6 and 18 percent for No. 7. The Jazz are 35 percent favorites for No. 6, 29 percent for No. 7 and 19 percent for No. 8.

The West's No. 8 seed will draw the Warriors, who are one game away from setting the record for best regular-season record in NBA history.