June 18, 2011 -- In their third day of calling forensic experts in the first-degree murder trial, Casey Anthony's defense team called Dr. William Rodriguez to the stand this morning, a forensic expert who refuted the evidence that Caylee Anthony was suffocated by duct tape placed over her nose and mouth.
Rodriguez, a forensic anthropologist with the U.S. Department of Defense Armed Forces Medical Examiner's Office, testified that it would be impossible to determine the exact position of duct tape on a corpse.
Duct tape can shift over time as it looses its stickiness, and could have been moved by animals who came in contact with the two-year-old's body.
Casey Anthony is accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
She has pleaded not guilty and faces the death penalty if convicted.
Rodriguez's testimony comes after Casey Anthony's "surprise witness" became an embarrassment for the defense Friday when the witness held a news conference outside of the courthouse and said that he did not know the Anthony family.
Defense attorney Jose Baez previously included Vasco Thompson, a convicted kidnapper, as a last minute surprise addition to his amended witness list earlier this week.
Baez claimed that Thompson and Casey Anthony's father, George Anthony, shared a series of phone conversations the day before 2-year-old Caylee Anthony's disappearance was reported to authorities in July 2008.
George Anthony angrily issued a statement through his attorney earlier this week denying those claims.
"I have no idea who George Anthony is," Thompson said. "The phone number they got, I didn't have that number until February of 2009. I don't know why they dragged me into all this mess."
Baez never said what Thompson's connection to the case may have been, but he has accused George Anthony of helping to dispose of Caylee's body after she accidentally drowned in the family pool.
It is unlikely that Baez will now call Thompson to the witness stand.
Hours before Thompson spoke, a brawl erupted among people who had lined up all night for a coveted seat to the murder trial, prompting the Orange County Courthouse to change their rules today for those seeking admission to the trial.
Since the trial began, those hoping to get a glimpse of Anthony legal drama have lined up during the night for one of the 58 seats reserved for members of the public.
The overnight brawl wasn't the first time those seeking admission have gotten into a scuffle. Other skirmishes have occurred over the last few weeks, but none got this violent.
On Thursday night, people began lining up as early as 8:30 p.m. for a chance to attend today's hearing. When the crowd was moving to a location closer to the courthouse entrance around 5 a.m., fists began to fly.
Jessie Dorris, 27, told ABC Affiliate WFTV that she was shocked when the men "just cut in front of us."
The two men trying to cut to the front of the line began throwing punches and one lady is seen on camera punching another man to free her friend from a headlock. The fight was caught on video.
After Friday morning's brawl, the rules for gaining access to the trial now require people to line up at 8 a.m. on the day before they want to attend a hearing.
At 4 p.m., a list will be made of those who can attend the next day's hearing. At 8 a.m. the next morning, those on the list must present an I.D. to gain admission to the hearing.