A Look at Chris Brown's Run-Ins With Law Enforcement

Brown has been in and out of court since a 2009 felony assault charge.

ByABC News
August 31, 2016, 3:09 AM

— -- Police arrested singer Chris Brown Tuesday on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon after a 14-hour standoff at his Los Angeles home.

The arrest came after a woman complained to police that he had pointed a gun at her face, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Tuesday's run-in was not Brown's first brush with law enforcement, or the first time he has been accused of threatening violence against a woman.

In 2009, Brown plead guilty to felony assault of his then-girlfriend, Rihanna. His probation in that case lasted until 2015.

In 2011, Brown stormed off the set of "Good Morning America" after co-anchor Robin Roberts asked him about his domestic abuse incident with Rihanna.

Brown stormed off stage and went back to his dressing room. Then he came back down the hall, still backstage, and stopped upon seeing the person who produced the segment. Brown didn't have his shirt on.

The show's hair and makeup staff said they had called security because they heard loud noises coming from Brown's dressing room.

It was then discovered that a window had been smashed in Brown's dressing room. The thick glass was destroyed and strewn across the street below.

In 2013, police in Washington, D.C. charged Brown with misdemeanor assault after a late-night altercation with another man outside a hotel. A judge ordered Brown into rehab but the facility kicked him out for violating its rules.

Brown spent more than two months in custody over that incident, with U.S. marshals shuttling him between Los Angeles and the nation's capital for court hearings.

Also in 2013, Brown was accused of throwing a brick at his mother's car following a counseling session. This came after he had completed court-ordered anger management classes.

In January of this year, Brown was investigated in connection with a possible misdemeanor battery incident at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas involving a Brazilian model.

Police told ABC News that they ended their investigation after determining that there was insufficient evidence to support the woman's claims that she was punched by Brown after she sought to take a photo of him with her mobile phone.

Brown maintained his innocence from the start and his reps told ABC News in a statement that "her statements are unequivocally untrue" and "a complete fabrication."

The Associated Press and ABC News's Whitney McDonald contributed to this report.

Related Topics