Cyclist Searches for Mystery Hero Who Came to His Rescue After He Crashed, Suffered Concussion

The cyclist said he suffered a concussion and can't remember what happened.

Pablo Trefftz Posada, 23, told ABC News today he had "almost no memory" of his trip at the mountain biking park last Friday. Though "bits and pieces are starting to come back," he said he still doesn't remember how he crashed and ended up in the hospital with a concussion, broken wrist, stitches above his eye and several scrapes and bruises.

"I did later learned from my cell phone call history that I apparently called my parents twice after I crashed," Posada said. "They told me I said, 'Mom, Dad, I don't know where I am. I think I crashed,' and then I said, 'Wait, someone's coming over right now.'"

That "someone" took Posada's phone, identified himself as "Luke" to his parents and told them he'd "take care of everything," Posada said. Luke then called 911 to get help.

After paramedics came, the mystery hero called back Posada's parents back to tell them Posada was going to the hospital and that paramedics said he didn't have any life-threatening injuries, Posada said.

But apparently, no one ever got Luke's last name or contact information before he left.

Mark Runyan, a coach for the nearby Sammamish High School's cross-country team, told ABC News today that he actually met Posada and Luke while on a run with his 16-year-old daughter that day.

While Luke stayed behind to keep watch over Posada, Runyan said he and his daughter Elena Runyan ran out to the edge of the park to help escort paramedics to where Posada was.

But the 51-year-old coach and his daughter also never got Luke's full name or contact information before he disappeared, they said.

"He had brown hair that was short in length, brown eyes and he was probably 5-foot-9," Runyan said. "While we were pushing [Posada's] bike out of the park, we did see [Luke] at the center clearing, but that was the last we saw of him."

Posada said he was deemed OK to leave the hospital early Saturday morning, and he now hopes he can track down Luke.

"I want to thank him so much for coming to my aid when he saw I was hurt," the cyclist said. "When you're concussed, you're really confused, so who knows how long I might have been wandering that park lost if he hadn't found me and got help so quickly."

The 120-acre park is filled with dozens of trails in lush woodlands, according to King County's official website.

"This guy deserves recognition for what he did," Posada said.