It has long been noted that Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich was made with peanut butter and bananas.
NASCAR champion Dale Earnhardt Jr. is giving Presley a run for his money with his own favorite - the mayonnaise and banana sandwich.
Before you step on the brakes, this race car driver says you will love it.
"Making my favorite sandwich. I swear it's delicious," Earnhardt Jr. tweeted on Tuesday with a picture of the sandwich. "Don't knock it 'till you try it."
As you can imagine, Twitter went wild. Some people gave it the thumbs up, and others were not very impressed.
.@DaleJr that's not how you make a sandwich, do you need assistance— Kate Dries (@TheSSKate) April 5, 2016
Earnhardt Jr. is standing by his sandwich. He even posted the recipe on his website.
The Official Dale Jr. Hellmann’s Mayo and Banana Sandwich Recipe: Prep Time: 2 minutes
- - One loaf of white bread
- - One jar of Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
- - One bunch of bananas
- 1. Start with two slices of bread.
- 2. Spread a generous portion of Hellmann’s Mayo onto two slices of bread.
- 3. Peel bananas and cut in half, length wise.
- 4. Lay banana slices on bread (tip: DEJ prefers three slices), topping with the other slice of bread.
- 5. Enjoy!