Day-Old Baby Girl Found Safe With Mother

Jamie Martini and her baby girl are in satisfactory condition at a hospital.

Oct. 26, 2013— -- A day-old baby girl who police say was taken by her mother just moments after she was delivered was found safe today.

Both Jamie Martini, 20, of Mill Creek, Wash., and her infant daughter, Annabelle, were found by law enforcement officials on the Tulalip Reservation where Martini had been known to stay, Mill Creek Police Officer Ian Durkee told

The baby was checked by emergency medical personnel at the scene and then taken to Providence Hospital in Everett, Wash., where she was in satisfactory condition, according to a Mill Creek Police Department news release. Martini was also taken to the hospital for treatment and was in satisfactory condition as well.

Durkee said it was not known whether authorities were following up on a tip when officers located the mother and her baby.

"Tulalip [Reservation] is one of the addresses where [Martini] has been known to stay," he said. "We consider her homeless."

An Amber Alert was issued this morning after Martini delivered her infant daughter at an apartment at 4:30 a.m. Friday and was suspected of taking off with the newborn, according to the Amber Alert.

The infant was suffering from "life-threatening medical conditions and is in need of medical attention," police said.

The midwife who assisted at the home birth called 911 after the baby girl was having difficulty breathing and her skin turned a grayish color, ABC News' Seattle affiliate KOMO-TV reported. But Martini apparently canceled the request for paramedics and decided to take the baby to a local hospital herself, Mill Creek Police Officer Ian Durkee said.

"They never arrived at any local hospital, either in Snohomish County or in King County," Durkee told KOMO-TV.

Investigators are looking into criminal charges for the mother, but they first need to get a better understanding of what happened when Martini took off with the newborn, Durkee said.