Feds Nab Another Minnesotan Allegedly Tied to ISIS Propagandists

Khaalid Adam Abdulkadir has been in contact with a recruiter for ISIS, feds say.

In January, Miski and Abdulkadir exchanged 30 private messages online, discussing ways for Abdulkadir to join ISIS, according to court documents.

“Brother I’m trying to make moves and I have no connection so what’s the deal brother?” Abdulkadir allegedly wrote on Jan. 28. “I’m trying to bounce for untied state Mpls mn to [ISIS] [sic].”

Miski told Abdulkadir to find his way to Turkey, and he would then kelp Abdulkadir make it to ISIS-controlled territory, the charging documents allege.

So far, the only charge against Abdulkadir is one count of threatening a federal law enforcement officer, stemming from statements he allegedly made online earlier this week.

Two days ago, the FBI arrested Abdirizak Warsame, another Minneapolis-area man who allegedly tried to leave the United States to join ISIS.

Warsame was the tenth person to be charged in an alleged pipeline sending young men and women from Minnesota to Syria, but he was not the first of the group to be in communication with Miski.

In an online message posted within hours of Warsame’s arrest, Abdulkadir allegedly said: "More brother get locked up the cops body they will find on the floor body’s dropping fast #kill them FBI [sic]."

The top federal prosecutor in Minneapolis, U.S. Attorney Andrew Luger, condemned the alleged threats.

"FBI agents in Minneapolis and around the country risk their lives every day to keep the rest of us safe," Luger said in a statement. "While there are many legitimate means in the United States to voice dissent and difference of opinion with our government, threatening violent retaliation against federal agents is both illegal and outrageous."

Charging documents also allege suspicious activity around federal buildings by Abdulkadir and others, including videotaping a deputy U.S. Marshal at the federal courthouse in Minneapolis.

Earlier this week, U.S. officials confirmed that Miski turned himself in to Somali authorities last month.

However, in an interview with the Voice of America, Miski said that he was arrested after escaping from al-Shabab militants.