Florida Woman Allegedly Offered Friend $25,000 to Kill Husband

A Florida woman said she would pay for her husband's murder.

March 20, 2012, 1:52 PM

March 21, 2012— -- A woman in Port Orange, Fla., is out on bail after police said she confessed to trying to have her third husband killed for $25,000.

Despite the woman's confession, police in Goffstown, N.H., said they had no plans to reopen the case of her second husband's death in 2001, which was declared a suicide after he was found to have swallowed anti-freeze over an extended period of time.

Doreen Dufresne, 50, was charged on March 14 with solicitation to commit a murder after she allegedly offered a friend $25,000 to kill her third husband, police said. She has not entered a plea and is scheduled to be arraigned on April 4.

Dufresne admitted to police she did want her third husband dead and said she regretted soliciting the hit.

Dufresne approached her friend Brandon Parrish on March 1 and told him she knew he had a criminal history and asked if he could "take care of" her third husband, Neil Suchy, 70. She told Parrish she would be willing to give him, or whoever carried out the hit, all of her husband's $25,000 life insurance policy.

Parrish declined but told Dufresne he would help her find someone to carry out the murder, a tactic he told police he used to stall Dufresne from finding another hitman.

"I just didn't want to go the rest of my life knowing I could have prevented someone from being killed," Parrish told ABC affiliate WFTV.

The alleged black widow provided Parrish with detailed, handwritten instructions of where to find Neil Suchy over the course of a few days, a description of his truck and directions to the lot for his new mobile home in Williston, Fla., Parrish told police.

Dufresne told her friend that Suchy had "taken off with the money he had promised her" and also alleged that he had "struck her and that he also allegedly molested her granddaughter," the arrest report stated.

Parrish took this information to Suchy, who visited the Port Orange Police Department the next day and asked to speak with an officer.

He confirmed to police that he and his wife of two years were estranged, the arrest report stated.

According to public records, he married Dufresne, whom he had known for more than 20 years, two months after his wife had died.

The 70-year-old told police Dufresne was upset that they had separate bank accounts and that he did not chip in to support her adult daughter and 2-year-old granddaughter, the arrest report stated.

Police visited the home where Dufresne and her daughter from her first marriage, Erin Fedas, lived.

Throughout the questioning, police said Dufresne continued to contradict herself, telling them she hadn't heard from her husband and had no clue where he was. She then said she had spoken with him at Walmart, something she later retracted, according to the arrest report.

When confronted by police about the discrepancies in her story, she said, "Neil and I have been fighting a lot lately."

Dufresne was not arrested at her home but was later called to the police station in Port Orange and came on her own accord.

"Doreen Dufresne again confirmed that she had solicited Brandon Parrish to murder her husband, Neil Suchy," the arrest report stated.

Dufresne was arrested on March 14 and charged with solicitation to commit murder. She was released from Volusia County Jail on $25,000 bail.

Eleven years ago, Dufresne's second husband was found dead in their Goffstown, N.H., home. An autopsy revealed that Lawrence Blackwood died from ingesting antifreeze "over a period of time." Dixie cups full of the liquid were also found in his bathroom.

Blackwood's death was ruled a suicide.

"Nothing suspicious in nature was found," Robert Browne, a spokesperson for the Goffstown Police Department, told ABCNews.com. Browne said in light of Dufresne's charge, there were no plans to reopen the Blackwood case.

"If information as such exists right now and is forwarded to us, we would make sure the attorney general's office was aware of it," he said.

A woman who answered the phone at Dufresne's home said the family had no comment.

ABC News Live

ABC News Live

24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events