Suspected Shooter of 2 Cops in New Hampshire Arrested and Charged, Authorities Say

Police were on a manhunt for the suspect this morning after he allegedly fled.

— -- A 32-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection with the shooting of two cops in New Hampshire early this morning, according to authorities.

The suspect, identified by authorities as Ian MacPherson, allegedly shot two Manchester Police Department officers -- one in the face, and the other in the leg -- at separate locations in Manchester, New Hampshire, officials said at a news conference this afternoon.

Officer Ryan Hardy, 27, was shot around 2 a.m. after he stopped MacPherson, who fit the description of a person believed to have committed a robbery the night before, authorities said. Officer Matthew O'Connor, 28, was later shot around 2:23 a.m. at a separate location in the city after catching sight of MacPherson and asking him to stop, authorities added.

Hardy was listed in stable condition at a Boston hospital this afternoon, according to a news release from the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office. O’Connor was treated at a local hospital and later released, the news release said.

Though MacPherson fled after shooting Hardy and O'Connor, he was later found by police around 5 a.m. and arrested for resisting detention, officials said. They added that MacPherson was not shot nor wounded.

He has been charged with two counts of attempted capital murder, officials added.

A number of schools in the area were closed this morning, and some residents were told to shelter in place while police led a manhunt for the suspect.

New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan said in a statement today she was "thankful for the bravery and service" of the two officers shot this morning, saying that they "courageously put their lives on the lines ... as all of our public safety officers do every day, to protect their fellow citizens and to keep our communities and our state safe."

Hassan said she has spoken with both officers and that she's "grateful that they are expected to recover."

"My thoughts are with them and their families, and I join all Granite Staters in wishing them a speedy and full recovery," she added.