If you haven't filed your tax returns yet, here are your options

Unless you're in Maine or Massachusetts, the deadline to file taxes is April 15.

If you're one of the 50 million American taxpayers who have yet to file their tax returns, you still have a few options.

IRS is offering some tips for procrastinators.

"Information about free e-file options, such as IRS FreeFile, how to request an automatic six-month filing extension or fast, secure ways to pay any tax due using IRS Direct Pay are available online at IRS.gov," the agency said on Friday in a press release.

By April 5, the IRS had received about two-thirds of the expected 2018 returns, or more than 103 million, the agency said. It has issued almost 78 million tax refunds totaling $220.8 billion, with the average refund at $2,833.

There's also some free tax help options. If your income is $66,000 or less, you can use one of the free tax preparation software programs through Free File on IRS.gov.

You can always file for an extension to Oct. 15 to file your return. However, the IRS does not grant extensions to pay any tax that may be due.

"Applying for an extension of time to file is easy — and free. Individual tax filers can e-file their extension form for free using Free File. They can also get an extension by paying an estimate of their income tax due and indicate that the payment is for an extension using Direct Pay, the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS), or a credit or debit card," the agency said.