Girl Dies From Peanut Allergy at Summer Camp

Natalie Giorgi, 13, accidentally ate a dessert item with peanut butter at Camp Sacramento.
1:39 | 07/30/13

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

More information on this video
Enhanced full screen
Explore related content
Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Girl Dies From Peanut Allergy at Summer Camp
As friends and loved ones remember the -- of young Natalie Giorgio you remember her smile and her laughter. They remember how she loved to draw how she loved her friends. How she wanted to grow up and becoming unique colleges to care for premature babies like -- and her twin sister. Loved -- say Natalie was excited about starting her eighth grade year at our leave assumption and being a member -- student council. Natalie was a positive force in our schools is just. Had an incredible positive nature very sweet. Million dollar smile family and friends are coming to terms with -- sudden death she took every care and she knew the situation that's vanishing and and they were really on -- all the time according to a family friend the girl and her family have been going to camp Sacramento for the. Past -- Summers. On finding -- the final night of camp there was entertainment and refreshments. Natalie reached for rice crispy treat and took a bite out of it because it was dark she didn't see that she reached for a treat Islip chocolate and peanut butter. She knew something wasn't right spit it out when to go teller mother who also -- the tree to they later realize the tree had peanut butter on it. Natalie felt fine for about twenty minutes but then she bomb and it had trouble breathing and went into cardiac arrest. -- was taken the hospital by ambulance where she was pronounced dead. Three epi pens -- used that they could not help save the teen according to a family friend tonight her family offered this statement. Quote while our hearts are breaking over this tragic loss of our beautiful daughter Natalie it is our hope that others can learn from this. In -- -- that -- food allergies are less threatening. -- care for those afflicted should always be supported.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":19818184,"title":"Girl Dies From Peanut Allergy at Summer Camp","duration":"1:39","description":"Natalie Giorgi, 13, accidentally ate a dessert item with peanut butter at Camp Sacramento.","section":"GMA","mediaType":"Default"}