Over 1,000 of you wrote in to nominate a local chef for the Nightline People's Platelist contest.
Now, 20 finalists have been announced. Soon you'll get to meet them -- each finalist has until Aug. 13 to submit a short entry video. Then we'll put it back to you for a popular vote. The chef with the most votes from viewers across America will be featured on national television!
Watch "Nightline" at 11:35 p.m. ET
Click HERE for the official rules for the "Nightline" People's Plateslist contest.
Without further ado, the 20 finalists are, in no particular order:
1. Sara Brook, Dessert Gallery Bakery & Café, Houston, Texas
2. Ruth Anne Reagan, Chez Ruth Anne, Marcellus, N.Y.
3. Clive Barnes, Sweet Fingers Restaurant, San Leandro, Calif.
4. Michael Dana Benzo, Nestle USA Catering, Glendale, Calif.
5. Ron McFarlain, Ron's Cajun Connection, Utica, Ill.
6. AJ Borman, Ponderosa, Dickson, Tenn.
7. Bud Royer, Royers Round Top Cafe, Round Top, Texas
8. Chris Schwartz, Frank's Diner, Kenosha, Wis.
9. Gary Tatmon, Carroll's Diner, Houston, Texas
10. Greg Dobesh, Cowboy Catering, Broken Bow, Neb.
11. Henry Chandler, Henry's Louisiana Grill, Acworth, Ga.
12. Monica May, Nickel Diner, Los Angeles, Calif.
13. Pollyann Mitchell, Café Royale, Pell City/Talledega, Ala.
14. Raymond Arpke, Euphemia Haye, Longboat Key, Fla.
15. Rodney Einhorn, Terrapin Restaurant, Virginia Beach, Va.
16. Glenn Gillespie, Edgars, Akron, Ohio
17. Eddie Kwong, E Noodles & Co, N. Myrtle Beach, S.C.
18. Luis Bruno, Huntington's Grille, Jackson, Miss.
[Two finalists have witdrawn.]