50 Cent praised 'Power' finale but blasted its network broadcaster

PHOTO: 50 Cent in a scene from "Power," 2014.PlayIMDB
WATCH 50 Cent and Naturi Naughton dish on the new season of 'Power'

The season four finale of "Power" aired on Sunday and despite executive producer 50 Cent's expressing pride in the hit show, he lashed out at its network broadcaster for what he claimed was a lack of promotion and support.

On Sunday, 50 Cent, real name Curtis Jackson, initially lauded the finale on Instagram, writing that "I just woke up feeling like I'm #1 POWER lives up to the hype."

But then the rapper, who also stars in the show, later wrote that he wasn't happy with how Starz was handling the show and asked his fans to boycott the network.

The post was deleted by early Tuesday afternoon.

"I don't think the STARZ network realize your watching POWER because it's my show. So take STARZ out of your cable package after you see POWER tonight. Then they will understand I bet," Jackson had written.

He had ended the post with a hashtag promoting a new show, "50 Central," which he's involved in with another network BET and which is to air later this month.

Starz did not immediately return ABC News' request for comment.

Jackson shared another Instagram message on Monday, which has also been deleted, expounding on his belief that "Power" deserves more respect from Starz.

"I don't get paid for rating," he wrote. "I haven't seen one thing that says for your consideration," he said, apparently referring to the push some networks make to get their shows nominated for awards like the Emmys.

"POWER is the biggest invisible show ever," Jackson continued. "Everybody on the show is bringing their A game. If I don't shake things up nothing's gonna change. It's a damn shame I have to prove I can move the audience."

Viewers are tuning in to "Power."

In June, Deadline reported that, ratings-wise, "Power" was in the number two spot on the premium cable list, putting it directly behind "Game of Thrones."

The season four premier in June grabbed 3.26 million viewers and was the second-best ever season debut on the Starz network, Deadline's Dominic Patten reported.

Jackson has expressed frustration with Starz in the past. He even threatened to leave the show in July, also in a posting on social media.

Recently, "Power" showrunner Courtney Kemp told Entertainment Weekly that she had asked for more episodes in season four.

In discussing a certain story line, Kemp said, "We were going to do two separate episodes ... Unfortunately, Starz would not give us the extra episode. I asked them for 12 episodes for season four, and they would not do it. So because they would not do it, we had to make it one episode. That’s the real answer."

"Power" will have a season five, but Kemp told TV Line earlier this week that there isn't "much more of this television series to go." It wasn't clear from the interview if season five may be the final run for "Power" or not.

Jackson continued his social media posts Tuesday, sharing a video of someone appearing to cancel a Starz account. It's not clear if the person is a fan or someone associated with Jackson.