Attorney Lisa Bloom no longer working with Harvey Weinstein
Bloom had been advising the film producer on how to better his behavior.
— -- Amid accusations of sexual harassment against the movie mogul, attorney Lisa Bloom announced on Saturday she is no longer working with Harvey Weinstein.
Bloom had been advising the film producer, who The New York Times reported this week has been accused of sexual harassment by several women, about how to better his behavior.
"I have resigned as an advisor to Harvey Weinstein," she said in a statement to ABC News. "My understanding is that Mr. Weinstein and his board are moving toward an agreement."
Bloom told ABC News on Saturday that she will not be elaborating on what agreement she is referring to.
Weinstein has not yet commented on her resignation.
On Thursday, The New York Times published a report alleging that several women, including actress Ashley Judd, had made accusations against Weinstein. The producer disputed the report but immediately apologized for misconduct and announced that he would be taking a leave of absence from his company.
Bloom, who says she has known Weinstein for about a year since her book “Suspicion Nation” was optioned for a film, defended him this week in an interview with "Good Morning America."
"He's a big, loud guy. People are intimidated by him. I'm not. I'm a big-mouth lawyer myself. I'll stand up to him, but if I'm a 23-year-old in his workplace... of course, they're intimidated," she explained.
The attorney and women's rights advocate added that with regard to "a lot of the allegations, there are witnesses who say this did not happen."
The Weinstein Company board of directors -- including his brother Bob Weinstein, Tarak Ben Ammar, Lance Maerov and Richard Koenigsberg -- stated Friday evening that the company will launch its own investigation into the claims during Weinstein's "indefinite" leave.
"As Harvey has said, it is important for him to get professional help for the problems he has acknowledged. Next steps will depend on Harvey’s therapeutic progress, the outcome of the Board’s independent investigation, and Harvey’s own personal decisions," the board stated.
Weinstein’s lawyer said in a statement this week that he plans to sue The New York Times.
“The New York Times published today a story that is saturated with false and defamatory statements about Harvey Weinstein,” attorney Charles J. Harder said in a statement. “It relies on mostly hearsay accounts and a faulty report, apparently stolen from an employee personnel file, which has been debunked by nine different eyewitnesses. We sent the Times the facts and evidence, but they ignored it and rushed to publish. We are preparing the lawsuit now. All proceeds will be donated to women’s organizations.”