Interested in ?Add as an interest to stay up to date on the latest news, video, and analysis from ABC News.
Since the couple got engaged in April, the rumors immediately started circulating about when and where the nuptials would take place, and who would be at this A-lister's wedding.
Clooney, 53, himself revealed a few details about his upcoming big day, so here's a quick-list of what we know for sure:
- Earlier this month, Clooney spoke at a black-tie event in Tuscany, Italy, and said, "I met my lovely bride-to-be here in Italy, whom I will be marrying ... in Venice, of all places." So, the wedding should be happening in Venice, Italy.
- He also said on Sept. 8 that the wedding would be happening "in a couple of weeks." This matches reports that the wedding is set for some time next weekend. Italian outlet Corriere della Sera reports that according to paperwork, the wedding is set for Sept. 29, which would be a Monday and would happen at the end of a three-day celebration to start over the weekend.
- Clooney's attire: Giorgio Armani, famed designer, confirmed at his Emporio Armani show at Milan Fashion Week Thursday that he would be dressing Clooney for the big day. “George has chosen and been fitted for an Armani suit for his wedding,” he said, according to People magazine.
- The groom can't stop gushing. Clooney also added at the Tuscany event when addressing the crowd and speaking of his fiancée, "I would just like to say to my bride-to-be Amal that I love you very much and I can’t wait to be your husband."
Meanwhile, there are other reports and rumors swirling around:
- Corriere della Sera is also reporting, among other outlets, that Clooney and Alamuddin will be married by close friend and the former mayor of Rome, Walter Veltroni.
- It should be one heck of a party. E! News reported earlier this week and had pictures of Clooney's best friend and business collaborator Rande Gerber packing up a plane with more than 50 cases of Casamigos Tequila, the company that he and the actor started.
- It's also being reported by Italian outlets that the Ca' Farsetti in Venice will be the palace where the two will tie the knot. It was built in the 13th century and faces the Canal Grange.