Warner Bros., the production company behind "The Bachelorette," announced Friday that it's halted production on the reality TV series, as well as many other shows.
Previously, a source told ABC News that "The Bachelorette" filming was likely to be limited to North America as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
It was announced last week that Clare Crawley was the new franchise lead.
“With the rapidly changing events related to COVID-19, and out of an abundance of caution, Warner Bros. Television Group is halting production on some of our 70+ series and pilots currently filming or about to begin," a representative for the production company told ABC News. "The health and safety of our employees, casts and crews remains our top priority. During this time, we will continue to follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control as well as local officials and public health professionals in each city where our productions are based.”
With more than 1,200 confirmed cases in the U.S. — and more than 137,000 globally — shows including "Grey's Anatomy" and "Riverdale" have ceased production, "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune," among others, have stopped shooting in front of studio audiences, and AMC theaters announced that they will halve their cinema capacities. Meanwhile,many major events have been canceled or postponed.
The National Basketball Association and the National Hockey League have paused their seasons, Major League Baseball has pushed back opening day, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association announced that its annual March Madness tournament has been canceled. The Masters golf tournament will also be rescheduled.
Editor's note: An earlier version of this story was first published on March 11.