April 22, 2010— -- Did you know that there's a product in your pantry that's also a great household cleaner for counter tops and even freshens the air?
Baking soda isn't just an ingredient for cooking, it's truly a jack-of-all-trades around the house.
Household Uses for Baking Powder:
• A gentle scouring powder for kitchen countertops.
• A paste (mixed with a little water) to shine stainless steel.
• A vinyl floor cleaner (1/2 cup mixed with a quart of water).
• A way to soften water so you can use less soap. You can add in a half cup to your laundry, for example.
• An air freshener: Set some out in a bowl, place some in your cat's litter box, or leave an open box in your refrigerator.
CLICK HERE to learn how to unclog your shower drain the green way!
CLICK HERE for tips on all-natural air purification
CLICK HERE for tips on how to make your own lavender spray.