(HealthDay News) -- People struggling with a cancer diagnosis and treatment may need a lot of extra help and support.
The American Cancer Society offers these support suggestions for people with cancer, and their loved ones:
- Find a support group that meets a local hospital, by telephone or online.
- Enlist a nursing service that offers support, and if needed, home health care.
- Find a nutritional service that provides help and advice from professional dietitians.
- Use a rehabilitation service that provides physical and occupational therapy.
- Seek spiritual support from a local church or synagogue.
- Obtain social services, which may include counseling or financial aid.