What Is A Rheumatologist And When Should I See One For My Arthritis?

Dr. Ali Askari answers the question: 'What Is A Rheumatologist?'

— -- Question: What is a rheumatologist and when should I see one for my arthritis?

Answer: A rheumatologist is a physician who is specialized in the specialty of rheumatologic disease or arthritic problems. So anybody can start with the primary physician, but eventually the primary physician will ask a specialist -- the rheumatologist -- to see the patients, because a lot more than some years ago -- let's say five years ago even -- to offer to the patients who have rheumatic or arthritic problems.

Next: Where Am I Most Likely To Feel Pain As A Result Of Arthritis?

Previous: How Does Osteoarthritis Differ From Rheumatoid Arthritis?