NORTH CAROLINA Voter Registration Deadline: Oct. 9, 2020
Same-day registration available at early voting locations through Oct. 31, 2020
To register to vote in the State of North Carolina, an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Live in the county of his/her registration, and have resided there for at least 30 days prior to the date of the election
- Be at least 18 years old, or will be by the date of the general election. 16- and 17-year-olds may preregister to vote
- Not be serving a sentence for a felony conviction, including probation, parole or post-release supervision. Once an individual has completed a felony sentence or been pardoned, he/she is eligible to register and vote.
How to register to vote in North Carolina
- Register online here.
- Print and mail this registration form.
- Same-day in-person voter registration is available at early voting locations through Oct. 31, 2020.
- Click here for more information on voter registration in North Carolina.
Check if you're registered to vote here.