The ABC News Speakers series is an opportunity to share the dynamic stories and memorable experiences of people representing a wide range of diverse backgrounds. Throughout the year, we use this unique series to celebrate different cultures and people with engaging and thought-provoking conversations. The ABC News Speakers series is part of our ongoing commitment to cultivating and growing an inclusive workplace and culture.
Black History Month 2020
Watch this year's Black History Month ABC News speaker series:
• BROADWAY: A conversation with David Alan Grier, Blair Underwood and Celia Rose Gooding moderated by "Nightline" anchor Byron Pitts. Watch the full interview.
• SIDELINE SUPERSTARS: A conversation with Pam Oliver, Lisa Salters, Maria Taylor moderated by fellow sports journalist Sage Steele. Watch the full interview.
• 'GIRLS TRIP' PRODUCER: A conversation with Will Packer moderated by "The View" co-host Sunny Hostin. Watch the full interview.
• 'FOR LIFE' SQUAD: A conversation with Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson and Isaac Wright Jr. moderated by "Good Morning America" anchor Michael Strahan. Watch the full interview.
• VOTER SUPPRESSION: A conversation with Jeh Johnson, Tiffany Cross and Dr. Michael Eric Dyson moderated by ABC correspondent Deborah Roberts. Watch the full interview.
LGBTQ+ Pride Month 2019
Watch this year's Pride Month ABC News speaker series:
• "POSE" cast members Mj Rodriguez, Dominique Jackson and Indya Moore, and the show’s co-executive producer and writer Steven Canals, sit down with Juju Chang to discuss the show’s role in highlighting key issues of the LGBTQ+ community: https://abcn.ws/2Ymw2cG
• Sen. Tammy Baldwin sits down with Sunny Hostin to discuss the advancement of LGBTQ+ rights, saying "visibility" replaces "myths": https://abcn.ws/2JhJzM2
• Pop recording artist Kim Petras sits down with Paula Faris to discuss her rising fame and being a role model in the transgender community: https://abcn.ws/2XjBMYg
• Gio Benitez interviews Mark Segal, Jordan Roth, Neeka Onuorah and Marti Gould Cummings to look back on the state of LGBT+ community 50 years after Stonewall riots: https://abcn.ws/32dukfV
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month 2019
ABC News is proud to acknowledge May as Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month as we celebrate the achievements and contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States. This month provides an opportunity to highlight the wide Asian/Pacific Islander diaspora’s history and current role in the U.S.
• ABC News correspondent and co-anchor of "Weekend GMA" Eva Pilgrim sat down with "Little Fires Everywhere" author Celeste Ng: https://abcn.ws/2H7F1XE
• Media legend Connie Chung sat down "Nightline" co-anchor Juju Chang and says she hoped open letter to Christine Blasey Ford "would turn the tide" in Kavanaugh hearing: https://abcn.ws/2JF6brR
Women's History Month 2019: The Phenomenal Women Speaker Series
• "20/20" co-anchor Amy Robach sat down with Rayka Zehtabchi, Claire Sliney, and Melissa Berton who just recently won the 2019 Academy Award for Best Documentary Short for “PERIOD. End of Sentence. Watch their conversation:
Black History Month 2019: Conversation with...
In celebration of Black History Month, we present “Conversations With...” some of America’s most recognizable actors, directors, content creators, musicians and powerful voices in media. Their impactful careers and remarkable life stories will inspire and entertain. Watch their conversations:
• Jemele Hill in conversation with “Good Morning America” co-anchor Michael Strahan: https://abcn.ws/2RYnEw1
• Soledad O'Brien, DeRay Mckesson, and Michaela Angela Davis in conversation with "The View" co-host Sunny Hostin
• Tyler Perry in conversation with “Good Morning America” co-anchor Robin Roberts: https://abcn.ws/2BTh4BC
Watch last year's Black History Month ABC News speaker series:
• Laila Ali on boxing success, motherhood and Colin Kaepernick's protest: http://abcn.ws/2E79MMU
• Former Obama senior adviser Valerie Jarrett interviewed by Robin Roberts: http://abcn.ws/2H3lAP4
• "Insecure" star Yvonne Orji and Phoebe Robinson of "2 Dope Queens" on their success in comedy: http://abcn.ws/2CijFT6
• #MeToo, Black Lives Matter and Women's March leaders discuss their movements' success: http://abcn.ws/2CijFT6
• "Power" star Naturi Naughton and show creator Courtney Kemp discuss show's success and more: https://abcn.ws/2JcIp2G
2018 Women’s History Month Speaker Series
The ABC News “HerStory” Speaker Series highlighted the accomplishments, contributions and stories of women across industries in honor of Women’s History Month. Last year’s included conversations with former "Teen Vogue” Editor-in-Chief Elaine Welteroth, Chief Financial Officer of the Walt Disney Company Christine McCarthy, Senior Vice President of Talent & Casting for ABC Entertainment Group Ayo Davis and others — plus ABC News’ own Robin Roberts, Diane Sawyer and Martha Raddatz. Different speakers throughout the month share a common effort in helping women realize their full potential throughout the many cycles of their careers and lives.
2018 Hispanic Heritage Month Speaker Series
The ABC News Hispanic Heritage Month Speaker Series featured an expansive and diverse range of stories and experiences within the Hispanic community – both socially and professionally. Last year’s included conversations with ABC News correspondents Tom Llamas, Cecilia Vega and Gio Benitez. This speaker series aims to highlight the experience, history and future of Hispanic-Americans.
Watch last year's Pride Month ABC News speaker series:
• Adam Rippon and Gus Kenworthy talk about their Olympic experience as openly gay men: https://abcn.ws/2RYsklz
• Comedians Lea DeLaria, Judy Gold, and Randy Rainbow discuss the challenges they faced as gay people: https://abcn.ws/2WYQ78H
• Michael Urie and Andrew Rannells on the hurdles they face as gay actors: https://abcn.ws/2SDTRNt
• Juju Chang sits down with Jodie Patterson, Mike Evancho, and Jen Grosshandler — all parents of LGBTQ children — to talk about being allies in the community: https://abcn.ws/2MYXet7