Police: Katelyn Wolfe Murder Suspects Wanted to Know What It Felt Like to Kill

PHOTO: Randal Crosley and Joran Buskirk was taken into custody after police said they found a female body believed to be missing teenager Katelyn Wolfe, Green County Colorado, June 10 2013.PlayWRTV
WATCH Not Guilty Pleas Entered for Suspected Katelyn Wolfe Killers

Two childhood best friends killed teenager Katelyn Wolfe for a thrill and then bound her body, attached it to a weight and threw it into a Sullivan, Ind., lake, according to court documents released today.

Confronted with evidence, Jordan Buskirk told police that he and Randal Crosley had conversations about "forcing themselves onto a complete stranger for at least a week" and that the idea to kill was "just something that popped into their heads," Linton, Ind., police detective Joshua L. Goodman said in an affidavit filed in Greene County Court.

Wolfe's body was found Monday, five days after the 19-year-old's father, Eric Wolfe, reported her missing.

RELATED: Katelyn Wolfe's Body Identified by Family, Two Men Arrested

An autopsy classified Wolfe's death as a homicide and found the cause of death was asphyxia.

Wolfe told police his daughter had posted a disturbing Facebook message around 3 a.m. on June 6, writing: "Trying to party looking for fun. Out on a walk with creeps that keep driving by."

When Buskirk shared details of the murder on Monday, he told police Crosley had grabbed Wolfe's phone and used it to send text messages and post from her Facebook account, the affidavit said.

The men had planned their thrill kill and kept a rope, a 20-pound weight, condoms, handcuffs, position restraint straps, a butt plug and lubrication in Buskirk's trunk with the intent to rape and murder a stranger when the right target came along, according to the affidavit.

Wolfe, who was an acquaintance of Crosley's, wasn't specifically targeted, Buskirk said, according to the affidavit.

"He advised that it just crossed their heads to try to do it," the affidavit said.

Cell Phone Records Led to Crosley

Police said Wolfe's cell phone activity stopped after the post, but they used phone records to find out who the teen had contact with in the hours before her death, according to the affidavit. Crosley's number appeared in the records, prompting police to interview him on June 7.

Crosley volunteered that he and Buskirk had supplied Valium to Wolfe, according to the affidavit, and had dropped her off near a gas station, at which point she proceeded to walk south.

After exhausting other leads, Goodman wrote in the affidavit that the men's stories had inconsistencies and their willingness to volunteer information about the drugs led him to believe they were withholding information.

Authorities received written permission to search Buskirk's 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer, where they found an empty bottle of carpet cleaner and drugs, according to the affidavit.

On June 9, Crosley's wife told authorities she had gone to rural areas to look for Wolfe and saw a shoe floating in a lake, according to the affidavit. The next day, a dive team searched the area and found Wolfe's body in the lake.

Buskirk told authorities the men had delivered Valium to Wolfe on June 5 and had given her a ride home, according to the affidavit. Later that night, the affidavit said they made plans to meet Wolfe again and picked her up from her home.

With Wolfe in the back seat of their car, the men pulled over on a country road, at which point Buskirk said he lay on Wolfe to pin her down, according to the affidavit.

Crosley "started choking her in a head lock and they let go when they thought she was unconscious," the affidavit said.

Buskirk said he handcuffed Wolfe behind her back as Crosley taped her mouth shut and taped her legs up with duct tape, according to the affidavit.

Wolfe fought back, Buskirk said in the affidavit, trying to bite the men. Crosley put his white shirt over the teen's head, duct taped her around her head and neck, and wrapped a rope around her neck until she stopped struggling, the affidavit said.

The men threw one of her shoes into the woods and lifted her body, now dead weight, into the trunk, according to the affidavit.

As they drove to a lake where they planned to dispose of her body, Crosley used Wolfe's phone to send text messages, according to the affidavit.

When they got out at the rural Sullivan, Ind., location, Buskirk told police the men used a rope to tie Wolfe into a fetal position and attached the 20-pound weight to her body, but instead of landing in the lake, she hit a tree branch, causing a gash that made her bleed, the affidavit said.

Around 3:10 a.m., Crosley dragged her body to a ledge, threw it over a high wall into the lake and watched it sink, according to the affidavit.

Buskirk and Crosley are being held in the Greene County Jail without bond and face charges, including murder, confinement, conspiracy to commit rape and drug dealing.

At a preliminary court hearing today, a not guilty plea was entered for both men.

Attorneys for Buskirk and Crosley declined to comment to ABC News.