Missing Maine Toddler Ayla Reynold's Families Angrily Accuse Each Other

The 20-month-old vanished from her father's house in December 2011.

Sept. 26, 2013 — -- The two sides of missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynold's family erupted in a screaming match outside a court where her father was making an appearance in an unrelated case.

Both sides of the family accused the other of being responsible for the girl's disappearance and presumed death.

"Hi, my daughter is Ayla, you know, your granddaughter?" Ayla's mother Trista Reynolds said forcefully as she approached a bench where Ayla's paternal grandmother Phoebe DiPietro was sitting.

"Why don't you tell me what you did with her, Trista?" DiPietro said.

"No, Phoebe, you tell me what you did with my daughter," Reynolds shouted. "Tell me what you did with my daughter!"

DiPietro rushed away from her and Reynold's father Ron Reynolds shouted after her, "Your son killed my granddaughter!"

Ayla vanished from her father's home on Dec. 17, 2011 when she was 20 months old. State police have said that they believe Ayla is dead, but her body has never been found. Authorities have never charged anyone with a crime or named any suspects, but have said they they suspect foul play.

The exchanges were captured on camera by ABC News' Portland affiliate WMTW-TV, the Bangor Daily News and other news stations.

Inside the building, Reynolds approached Ayla's father Justin DiPietro.

"Justin, talk to me for a minute," she pleaded with the man who stayed silent and avoided looking at her.

"I can see it in your eyes. And you know that's the problem," Trista Reynolds said. "I know you care. Please, Justin."

Footage from outside the courthouse showed Reynolds shouting at DiPietro who eventually rushed down a stairway and sprinted down the street, leaving Reynolds screaming after him.

"Justin, he's a murderer. He killed my granddaughter. Are we not supposed to hurt every day? We all miss Ayla every day," Ron Reynolds sobbed. "Every day."

DiPietro made a Wednesday court appearance in Portland, Maine, for a July assault charge, according to ABC News' Portland affiliate WMTW-TV.

The charge was dismissed and DiPietro pleaded guilty to violating conditions of a September traffic stop. He was sentenced to four days in jail and a $150 fine, but was released with credit for time served, WMTW reported.

"I want them to pay for what they did to Ayla," Trista Reynolds said. "This should have never happened. This still shouldn't be going on because Ayla should still be with me."

"She was in a safe place and Justin pulled a fast one, just like he has done with the State Police and the Attorney General's Office," she said angrily. "He has outsmarted them. Who can outsmart the State Police the way Justin did? I didn't even think he was that talented."