Survivors said the gunman walked into a break room and opened fire on Nov. 22.
The suspect, a current employee, died at the scene from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said.
Two victims remain in the hospital and two have been released, Walmart said Tuesday.
Employee complained about suspect's behavior months before shooting: Lawsuit
In a lawsuit filed on Tuesday, a Walmart employee accused the company of being negligent by continuing to employ suspected shooter Andre Bing despite a written complaint the employee submitted about Bing's alleged disturbing behavior more than two months before the shooting.
Donya Prioleau, an employee who had worked at Walmart for more than a year and was in the room during the shooting, alleged Walmart knew or should have known about Bing's "violent propensities" and accused the company of failing to "enact any preventative measures to keep Walmart customers and employees safe," according to the suit.
Prioleau is seeking $50 million in damages.
Walmart said that it's reviewing the complaint and "will be responding as appropriate with the court."
-ABC News' Nadine El-Bawab and Luke Barr
Walmart to close store for the 'foreseeable future'
Walmart has announced plans to close the Chesapeake store for the "foreseeable future."
"All associates will continue being paid regardless of planned schedules," CEO John Furner wrote in an email to staff on Tuesday.
The company is supporting the victims' families with funeral, travel and other expenses, and the Walmart Foundation intends to contribute $1 million to the United Way of South Hampton Roads' Hope & Healing Fund, "which will support those impacted by the shooting and the broader Chesapeake community," Furner added.
-ABC News' Beatrice Peterson
Crime scene investigation complete
The FBI and Chesapeake Police Department's forensic unit have completed their crime scene investigation at the Walmart store, the city said Saturday.
"The store will now be handed back to Walmart who will determine what comes next for this location," the city said in an update on Twitter.
The investigation into the shooting is ongoing, the city said.
Walmart said in a statement that it plans to "work very closely with our associates and rely on their input to determine the best time to reopen the store."
Emergency declaration following shooting
The Chesapeake City Council will meet on Monday at 5 p.m. for a special meeting where leaders are expected to confirm the emergency declaration to "free up funding to support recovery following the Walmart shooting," the city tweeted on Friday.
The declaration states: "as a result of this tragedy, impacted citizens face the need for continued emergency resources and necessitating the proclamation of a local emergency to alleviate this condition."
The state of emergency, if agreed upon, will continue through Dec. 5, 2022.
After the council meeting, city officials will gather with the mayor for a public citywide candlelight vigil with Chesapeake Mayor Rick West.
-ABC News' Beatrice Peterson
Identity of 16-year-old killed in shooting revealed
The 16-year-old victim killed in the Walmart shooting is Fernando Chavez-Barron, according to the City of Chesapeake. His identity had been previously withheld due to his age.
"We are saddened to announce the names of those we lost on Tuesday evening at the shooting at Walmart on Sam’s Circle but hope that with this information we can honor their lives in our community," city officials said in a statement Friday.
"The City of Chesapeake has always been known as the 'City That Cares' and now, more than ever, we know our City will show up and care for those who need it most. Please join us in praying for the family and friends of these community members who we have lost," the statement continued.