Samsung Responds to Questions Over Battery Problems in More Devices

Reports of overheating and fires have popped up across the country.

Lakshman Patel told KNXV-TV, a local ABC affiliate, he was writing an essay for class when all of a sudden he noticed something unusual.

"It was honestly the most freaky accident ever,” Patel said.

"I hear sizzling first and then I smelled burning. I thought it was my computer at first but then a second after the intense burning sensation just hits my thigh."

"I tried to get my pants off as fast as I could,” Patel said. “The next thing I knew my pants and my phone was on the floor and my room was filled with smoke."

Samsung told KNXV-TV, "We are in contact with Mr. Patel, are conducting a thorough investigation into his case, and are doing everything we can to help him." Patel confirmed to KNXV-TV the company is working with him.

His incident comes after various reports have surfaced, including a 6-year-old Brooklyn boy who reportedly suffered burns from a Samsung S4, a woman in the UK who said her Samsung Galaxy S7 melted, a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active that allegedly exploded in Massachusetts, and a Florida man who claims his Samsung Galaxy S7 started a fire in his car.

In addition, a California man filed suit last week against Samsung, claiming a Galaxy S7 Edge badly burned his right leg when it burst into flames in late May.

A Samsung spokesperson issued a blanket response to the reports of various devices causing problems.

“Recent reports suggesting Samsung’s battery issue goes beyond the Galaxy Note7 are not true," the spokesperson told ABC News. "The battery cell issue announced earlier this month is isolated to one battery manufacturer for one specific phone model.

ABC News's Whitney Lloyd contributed to this report.