The sudden death of Philip Seymour Hoffman will affect a number of his unfinished projects, including the two remaining "Hunger Games" sequels, but probably none more than his Showtime series "Happyish."
Hoffman joined "The Hunger Games" series last year to play head gamemaker Plutarch Heavensbee in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire." He was expected to continue his role in the final two installments.
On Sunday, Lionsgate, the studio behind the blockbuster franchise, released a statement: "Philip Seymour Hoffman was a singular talent and one of the most gifted actors of our generation. We're very fortunate that he graced our Hunger Games family. Losing him in his prime is a tragedy, and we send our deepest condolences to Philip's family."
Inside Phillip Seymour Hoffman's Death
A source close to the production told ABC News that Hoffman's work on "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I" was complete and he had seven days left to shoot on "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2," making it unlikely the studio would need to replace him.
The source added that the films' scheduled release dates of November 21, 2014 and November 20, 2015, respectively, will not be affected either.
Hoffman's Showtime series "Happyish" remains up in the air, though.
The dramedy, about a mid-career ad executive, revolved around Hoffman's character and only a single episode, the pilot, had been shot.
Showtime released a statement following news of Hoffman's death.
"Philip Seymour Hoffman was one of our generation's finest and most brilliant actors," the statement read. "He was also a gifted comedic talent. It was a great privilege and pleasure to work with him and we are all absolutely devastated by this sudden loss. Our thoughts go out to his family at this very difficult time."
A source close to the series told ABC News, "Happyish was in the process of being written, but the series was not in production. The pilot for the series had been filmed. No decisions have been made yet about the future of the series."
When Showtime president David Nevins announced the show on Jan. 16, he said the network specifically wanted Hoffman to star.
"It took us a while to get to Philip Seymour Hoffman," he said, adding that it was "totally worth it."