Brooke Burke-Charvet Is Cancer-Free
ABC News' Paula Faris reports:
There's good news from Brooke Burke-Charvet.
The "Dancing With the Stars" co-host, 41, revealed that she is cancer-free on her blog Wednesday, writing, "The thyroid cancer has been removed from my body and all my lymph nodes are clear. So I'm hoping that this is the end of the story … Thank God!"
The mother of four underwent a thyroidectomy nine days ago to remove a cancerous nodule, but she's on the fast track to recovery.
"Every day I'm feeling better I'm looking forward to getting back to my usual routine, but with a bit of a different outlook … With a newfound respect for life," Burke-Charvet wrote on her blog.
"When it comes to this particular kind of cancer, we do have a very good control rate," said Dr. Ryan Osborne, director of the Osborne Head and Neck Institute in Los Angeles. "Your chances of surviving thyroid cancer are extremely high."
Burke-Charvet, famous for her commitment to health and fitness, revealed her diagnosis early last month after a routine trip to the doctor.
"I need to have thyroid surgery and have a thyroidectomy, which means I'm going to have a nice big scar across my neck," she said in a video on her blog.
She has documented every step of her battle on social media, from how she told her children she had cancer, to tweeting a photo of the surgical scar on her neck, eager to spread hope to other women fighting the disease.
But even cancer can't slow down this busy mom. The fitness buff announced the release of a new line of workout DVDs Monday, adding to her wildly successful series.
While she might be forced to hang up her sneakers for another week or two, Burke-Charvet is at home relaxing, painting and even taking French lessons.
"I've taken the rest of the year off to recover and catch up with my family and now we're just celebrating life," she said on her blog.