5 Things About Ryan Seacrest's Possible New Beauty - Dominique Piek
Ryan Seacrest, 38, has been spotted sailing around the South of France with a beautiful woman, now identified as supermodel Dominique Piek, 27. The "American Idol" host is coming off a March split from dancer-actress Julianne Hough and while the "Rock of Ages" star has been softening the blow by hanging with gal pals, Seacrest seems to be getting quite cozy with Dominique. Hough and Seacrest dated for more than two years, so the question that begs to be asked is whether Piek is a rebound or another flame that could last a while? If so, here are five things you should know about her:
- She started modeling at 14 and since has appeared in GQ, Cosmopolitan and was selected as the 2010 rookie for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition.
- She's a South African native but a New Yorker for a better part of the last decade. She spoke to Modelinia.com in 2011 and expressed her love for the Big City. "I'm a downtown girl … I love Soho and the West Village," she said. "Lower East Side is a little bit loud. I'm all for the West Village - green and cute little shops!
- She's an avid traveler, obviously being a model. Her Twitter bio simply says, "Planes and Hotels," and she's shot at some of the most remote places like Dhigufinolhu Island for her SI Swimsuit shoot, she's posted pics from Zanzibar, Tanzania, she Tweets about visits to Cape Town and Miami, and now she's spent time with Seacrest in France. Tough Life!
- Seacrest isn't the first A-lister she's dated. From 2012 till just about three months ago, she dated "Star Trek" leading man Chris Pine. "It's really hard in our business to maintain something," he told Out Magazine in July on why the two split.
- She's a fan of hip-hop. Before a recent trip home at the end of June, Piek Tweeted that she was "#nowplaying "My last - Big Sean" as I take off towards African skies."