5 Things About Simon Cowell's Gal Pal Lauren Silverman
He's Everyone's favorite judge to hate, but Simon Cowell might be taking on the role of father soon. The "American Idol" and "X Factor" host, 53, is expecting a baby with Lauren Silverman, US Weekly reports. With past high-profile flames like actress Carmen Electra, the question that begs to be answered is "Who is Lauren Silverman?" Aside from the 2012 pictures hitting the Internet of the duo vacationing together in exotic hot spots, here are five things you should know about her:
- Silverman, 36, is reportedly still married to Andrew Silverman, who works in real estate in New York City for the Andalex Group. The group owns the Veneto Hotel and Casino in Panama City, along with the Arris Lofts in Long Island City. The couple is currently in divorce proceedings, People magazine reports.
- Simon Cowell and Lauren's husband, Andrew Silverman, were friends. All three - Cowell, Andrew and Lauren Silverman - are seen via photos vacationing together on yachts in places including St. Barth's and St. Tropez.
- Lauren is probably hoping her baby is a girl. Simon has said he wants a girl if he was to have kids. He told UK's Daily Mirror that if he could be faithful, he'd like a daughter for his first child. "Do you know what though, I have to say I would prefer a girl," he told the site.
- She's Simon's type. Cowell's ex Mezhgan Hussainy could almost be Silverman's twin. Hussainy worked as Cowell's makeup artists until they got together a few years back. So, it seems as Simon likes to be friends first before becoming romantically involved.
- She likes the high life. Her real estate mogul husband, Forbes reported, had earnings of $95 million as of June 2013.
Cowell's rep has not responded to requests for comment and a lawyer for Cowell had no comment. Efforts by ABC News to obtain comment from lawyers for Lauren and Andrew Silverman were unsuccessful.