5 Reasons You Should Know Vine Star Nash Grier
Don't recognize the name Nash Grier? Well, you should, because the 15-year-old from North Carolina is not your average high school student.
Grier is a social media prodigy who has more followers on Vine, the Twitter-owned app that allows users to share six-second, looping videos, than Ellen DeGeneres, Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber.
Grier has nearly 1.5 million Vine followers, making him the 23rd most-followed person in the world on Vine, according to rankzoo.com
So what else should you know about Grier? Read below to find out and tune in to " Good Morning America" Wednesday, Oct. 16, at 7 a.m., to watch Grier reveal the secrets to his Vine success live.
1) Grier gains about 100,000 followers per week thanks to his mix of slapstick comedy, song parodies, adolescent humor and videos co-starring his siblings.
2) He gets daily phone calls and emails from international businesses hoping to cash in on his Internet fame, he and his parents told the Charlotte Observer.
3) The next step in Grier's social media domination is to take on YouTube. He told the Observer he's currently studying how to edit videos so he can post longer videos on the social video sharing site.
4) It only took Grier three weeks in July to go from a handful of followers to more than 200,000 after a high school student in Arkansas re-Vined his first video, one that showed Grier asking his 4-year-old sister, Skylynn, what's wrong with America. Her answer? "They. Need. Jesus."
5) Grier is in this for the long haul. "If I could do this for a living, I'd do it in a second," he told "GMA." "I love entertaining people and I want to pursue it."