Resources of ABC News Dedicated to Week-Long Reporting of "Tragedy at Sandy Hook: The Search For Solutions"
ABC News Devotes Week to Special Coverage of the Tragedy with a National Conversation on Dealing with the Big Questions and the Search for Answers
Special Editions of "Nightline" Air Monday - Friday, 11:35 pm ET
From gun control and assault rifles to mental illness and school safety, ABC News will explore the questions on people's minds and search for solutions in the wake of the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut with a dedicated week of special programming. Beginning Monday and airing each day this week, the resources of ABC News will provide viewers with important and powerful in-depth reporting and town halls covering all aspects of the tragedy. Additionally, "Nightline" will feature specials editions each night this week.
ABC News' continuing coverage airs across all broadcasts and platforms:
- "Good Morning America" (7:00 - 9:00 a.m., ET): On Monday, Dec. 17, "GMA" will report two hours of special coverage with George Stephanopoulos, Josh Elliott, Lara Spencer and Amy Robach from Newtown, CT with Elizabeth Vargas in Times Square Studio.
- "World News with Diane Sawyer" (6:30 p.m., ET): Diane Sawyer and the team of ABC News correspondent and anchors will continue to follow the ongoing investigation while exploring all the big questions facing the country in the wake of the tragedy.
- "Nightline" (11:35 p.m., ET): Led by "Nightline" Anchors Cynthia McFadden, Terry Moran and Bill Weir, and Juju Chang, Dan Harris, Amy Robach, Senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper, Senior Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas and Chief Investigative Correspondent Brian Ross, the broadcast will air special reports Monday through Friday.
- ABCNews.com : ABCNews.com and Yahoo! News will live stream a special report tomorrow at 10:00A.M. ET anchored by ABC News' Dan Kloeffler in New York, along with reporting from Yahoo! News' Phoebe Connelly in Washington, D.C. and Dr. Janet Taylor in-studio on how children are coping after the tragedy. This 15-minute special report will focus on the nation's search for answers in the wake of Friday's deadly shooting. In addition, ABCNews.com will provide up-to-the-minute updates throughout the day online and across its social media platforms - including @ABC on Twitter and facebook.com/ABCNews
- ABC Radio: Correspondent Aaron Katersky continues to report from Newtown, CT. He has been on the scene since Friday.