Dayton Upset Busts Brackets After Just One Game
That didn't take long.
The first bracket-busting game of this year's NCAA Tournament came in the very first game this afternoon after Dayton defeated Ohio State 60-59.
So much for trying to win Warren Buffett's $1 billion bracket challenge.
And with that, a slew of amateur statisticians who filled out brackets predicting how March Madness would shake out this year tore up their picks and flung them into the trash bin - or at least took to Twitter to complain:
- Renee Livsey (@ReneeLivsey) March 20, 2014
See ya #Bracket
- Sarah Wojcik (@sarahawoj) March 20, 2014
Rip to my perfect bracket ?
- Hannah (@HannahRothers) March 20, 2014
There goes my bracket!
- jeff alcivar (@joffinator) March 20, 2014
There was also a special breed of complaints from those that entered the Warren Buffet/Quicken Loans challenge that promised $1 billion to anyone with a perfect bracket. Sorry, non-billionaires!
I just lost a billion dollars, how am I supposed to work under this type of stress?
- Geezy Vercetti (@__Geezy) March 20, 2014
There goes my billion
- Daniel Solis. (@ThatSoulessGuuy) March 20, 2014
So much for that billion dollars
- Derek Becker (@DerekBecker2) March 20, 2014