5 Best Food Photo Apps
Impossible to ignore, restaurant diners and home cooks are constantly snapping photos of their favorite foods. If you're guilty of taking a few quick photos of your appetizer, entree or dessert, here are some of the best apps to try. Free to download, make sure to take your photos quickly to avoid a plate of cold food.
1. Instagram Although not limited to food photos, Instagram's recent price tag of $1 billion has earned it the top spot. A variety of filters give the photos of your simple sandwich a multitude of effects that you can share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr.
2. Platter Take a photo, title and tag your favorite ingredients. You can share your latest food photos with friends or look at other dishes for culinary inspiration.
3. Dishpal A social network for foodies, Dishpal hosts virtual potlucks for users to share their favorite dishes. You can also use filters to adjust the photo and tag it by ingredient.
4. Foodspotting This app allows you to find and recommend restaurant dishes that you enjoy to your friends. It's a great way to find the best local foods when you're visiting a new city.
5. Snapdish Add effects to your photos like brightness or blur and then share with other users. Photograph your own dishes or your favorite restaurant meals.