What Advice Would You Give to a Woman in Her Second Trimester of Pregnancy?
Because your second trimester is usually your “feel good” season of pregnancy, now is the time to get your freezer stocked with great meals that you can pull out when those first weeks with the baby at home literally rock your world.
If you experienced morning sickness during your first trimester, chances are you are over it during the second. The aches, pains, and sleepless nights of the third trimester haven’t yet begun, so at this midway point of pregnancy, it’s time to prepare for when the baby comes home. Now is a great time to get your pantry organized and your freezer stocked with make-ahead meals.Stock Your Pantry
- Have you signed up for your favorite store’s Baby Programs? Many grocery stores have “baby clubs” that offer special deals and coupons for baby items.
- Make room on a shelf or set aside cabinet space that is solely for formula, cereal, and other baby foods.
- Be sure to stock the ingredients for your favorite drinks, like herbal teas and decaf coffees (especially if you’re nursing). The last thing you want to be doing in those early weeks is making mad dashes to the store.
- Begin now doubling up recipes when you cook at home. This is an easy way to stock your freezer.
- Plan Kitchen Prep Days. Take a couple of afternoons or a weekend to get several meals ready. For example, put 8-10 pounds of chicken breasts in your slow cooker while you are at work. When you get home that evening, shred the chicken and make a few casseroles and soups .* Add barbecue sauce to one pound and freeze for sandwiches after the baby arrives. *Use my Free Prep Day Planning Template to get your day organized.
- Don’t forget breakfast items. After a sleepless night, it’s great to have a homemade muffin or cinnamon roll available to just pop in the microwave. (Find loads of breakfast ideas HERE.)
There are so many hectic days after the baby arrives. Take my advice and be sure those precious days with your newborn are spent loving on your baby and making a smooth transition into motherhood.
Knowing that you don’t have to worry about what’s for dinner can make a real difference in your peace of mind. It allows you to relax, to enjoy being a new mom, and to linger in the wonder of that little person, that sweet miracle that belongs to you.
Childbirth is such an incredible moment, and I’d love to know what went through your mind when you held your baby for the first time? By replying, you will be entered to win an exclusive Million Moms Challenge Gift Pack, which includes an iPad2, a custom-made Million Moms Challenge pendant and a $50 donation in your name to Global Giving.
Please join the Million Moms Challenge and sign up today!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Million Moms Challenge. The opinions and text are all mine. Contest runs October 17 to November 13, 2011. A random winner will be announced by November 15, 2011.