Obama's Vacation by the Numbers
HONOLULU - President Obama departed Hawaii this morning for Washington, after spending NINE days vacationing with family and friends in his native state. Here's a quick look at how he spent his vacation:
- Obama played FIVE rounds of golf with SEVEN different partners, spending roughly THIRTY hours on TWO different courses on Oahu.
- The president made FIVE early morning trips to the gym at the nearby Marine Base at Kaneohe Bay.
- The First Family spent TWO afternoons enjoying the beach on the base and went for ONE hike to a local waterfall.
- The president spent ONE father-daughter afternoon with Malia and Sasha, bowling and going out for shave ice, an annual tradition.
- The Obamas ventured out for dinner with friends FOUR times, leaving their Kailua vacation home for gourmet Japanese meals at Nobu and Morimoto, high-end Hawaiian fare at Alan Wong's, and a final meal at Buzz's Original Steak House, a popular local spot off the beach.
- The president interrupted his vacation for SIX days to negotiate the "fiscal cliff" in Washington. All told, he will have spent roughly FORTY hours on Air Force One flying between D.C. and Hawaii.
- Only ONE family member made all the trips back-and-forth with the president: Bo, the dog.