Conrad Murray Asked For “Cream” To Be Retrieved From Michael Jackson’s Home?

A personal assistant to pop star Michael Jackson testified Wednesday that after Jackson died and was at UCLA Medical Center, Dr. Conrad Murray asked that someone be sent back to the house to retrieve some cream.

The assistant, Michael Amir Williams, took the stand in the second day of the doctor’s manslaughter trial and testified that on June 25th 2009 in the hallway of the hospital, Murray approached Williams and said “there’s some cream in Michael’s room or house that he wouldn’t want the world to know about.”

He said Murray told him that someone should go back to the house and retrieve it.   Williams declined to give him the keys or drive him back to the house.  Williams says he made up a story and told Murray police had taken his keys so and ordered that security  lock down the house and not let anyone in.

Earlier on that day Williams recalled the Murray’s panicked phone message from  Jackson’s home saying to call him right away.  Williams said that he subsequently called Dr. Murray back who told him “to get here right away,  Mr. Jackson had a bad reaction. ”

The prosecution repeatedly asked Williams if Murray asked him to call 911.  Williams testified that the doctor did not request that.  Williams said that he called several members of Jackson’s security team to tell them to get back to Jackson’s home to find out what was going on.

By the time Williams made it to the Jackson’s home the singer was being carried out of the house on a gurney.   Murray appeared “frantic” at the scene, according to Williams.  As the ambulance left for UCLA Medical Center, Jackson’s children were put in a following car with Williams and other aides.

Read More Of  Today’s Testimony

An attorney who negotiated Murray’s contract to be Michael Jackson’s personal physician testified early Wednesday that she questioned a request from Murray that his contract include a CPR machine.  The attorney, Kathy Jorrie,  testified that she helped negotiate Murray’s contract — that was never signed by Jackson or his promoters.

It was drafted days before Jackson died and signed by Murray the day before Jackson died.  Paul Gongaware, an AEG Live promoter who was helping sponsor Michael Jackson’s comeback tour, also testified about hiring Murray.  Gongaware said Jackson had insisted that Murray be hired, despite Gongaware’s urging that an English physician be hired because the concerts would be taking place in London.

Gongaware recounted Jackson pointing to his own body and saying, “this is the machine, we have to take care of the machine. This is what I want, I want Dr. Murray.”

Murray originally asked for $5 million a year, Gongaware said. Gongaware said that that was a “ridiculous” request.  Negotiations temporarily ended until Jackson told Gongaware to offer Murray $150,000 a month.



Join the Discussion
blog comments powered by Disqus
You Might Also Like...