"Harry Potter" and "Twilight" sequels were among the top-grossing movies of the year, but fans of the two series weren't just spending their money at the box office.
The franchises are listed on this year's edition of eBay's "Top Shopped" report, which ranks the pop culture moments and trends that "captured shoppers' attention - and cash - in 2011."
"Harry Potter" and "Twilight" rank second and third, respectively, behind the NFL. More than 446,000 Harry Potter items were sold on eBay, compared to 297,330 items connected to the Twilight series, including 11,352 Robert Pattinson items and 4,020 Kristen Stewart items.
Also cracking the top 10: Justin Bieber, the Fox series "Glee" and Charlie Sheen. Nearly 60,000 items connected to "Glee" were sold on eBay, while bidders purchased 22,480 Sheen-related items.
Here are some other tidbits from eBay's "Top Shopped" report:
* More than 30,000 items related to "Mad Men" were sold on the auction website this year.
* eBay unloaded 16,133 items related to Jennifer Lopez.
* Bidders scooped up 12,583 items related to Kate Middleton.
* More than 13,000 items related to Kim Kardashian were sold.
Here is eBay's list of America's "Top Shopped" and Pop Culture Moments of 2011:
1. NFL 2. "Harry Potter" 3. "Twilight" 4. Call of Duty 5. Green Bay Packers 6. iPad 7. Sade 8. Justin Bieber 9. "Glee" 10. Charlie Sheen